Main Street Waterloo will be hosting Tour de ‘Loo, a “behind the scenes” tour of downtown’s newest rehabilitation projects, on Thursday, October 2rd. Twelve sites will be open for the tour from 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm, so wear comfortable shoes and hit all the sites. The Tour de ‘Loo is presented by The Samuels Group, a project manager and general contractor with offices in Waterloo, Des Moines and Wausau, WI.
So much has happened in downtown Waterloo since our tour a year ago, with plenty more on the drawing board. Guests are invited to see historic properties, view recent restorations, get a peek at work in progress, view plans of projects yet to come and see the finished product of spaces on the last tour. The tour of downtown Waterloo’s unfinished spaces and newest renovations include residential, nightlife and commercial spaces.
You may begin your tour at any of the locations:
– Cedar Valley Sports Plex, 300 Jefferson St.
– Waterloo Bicycle Works, 316 W. 3rd St.
– Finery (formerly the Bride’s Corner) 620 Commercial St.
– JSA – “Walden Block”, 223-229 W. 4th St.
– Wiggly Field (downtown dog park), 500 Block of Sycamore
– New Plaza Hotel, 611-615 Sycamore St.
– Studio 938, 632 Sycamore St.
– Peabody and Pierce Apartments, 206-208 E. 4th St. (no elevator available)
– YWCA, 425 Lafayette St.
– Roof Development – New Residential Rowhouses, East 3rd and Lafayette Streets
– Steely Block Rehabilitation, 320 E. 4th St.
– Popcorn Heaven, 403 Franklin St.
The Cedar Valley SportsPlex at 300 Jefferson, will be open for tours beginning at 5:30pm, then will host the conclusion of the evening with socializing, refreshments, and drawing for a great door prize from each destination at 9:30pm. There will be a cash bar available beginning at 8pm. Dolly’s Party Bus will be shuttling from three locations around downtown Waterloo from 6pm-10pm.
Advance tickets are now on sale at the Main Street office, 212 East 4th Street, for $7.50 until 6:30 pm the day of the event, with tickets available at any of the sites for $10.00 on the evening of the event. Also available are Corporate packs of 10 tickets for $50.00.
For information or tickets, call the Main Street Waterloo office at 291-2038 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.