Main Street Waterloo will be hosting Tour de ‘Loo, a “behind the scenes” tour of downtown’s newest rehabilitation projects, on Thursday, October 8th. Nine sites will be open for the tour from 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm, so wear comfortable shoes and hit all the sites. The Tour de ‘Loo is presented by The VGM Group.
So much has happened in downtown Waterloo since our tour a year ago, with plenty more on the drawing board. Guests are invited to see historic properties, view recent restorations, get a peek at work in progress, view plans of projects yet to come and see the finished product of spaces on the last tour. The tour of downtown Waterloo’s unfinished spaces and newest renovations include residential, nightlife and commercial spaces.
You may begin your tour at any of the locations:
– Tri City Clothing. 305 E. 4th St.
– Steely Block Rehabilitation, 320 E. 4th St.
– Wonder Bread Building, 325 Commercial St.
– Lady Bug Event Planning 626 Sycamore St.
– Salon Elite, 521 Lafayette St., Ste B
– RDA Financial, 521 Lafayette St., Ste A
– Republic Parking, Park Ave. Entrance (weather permitting)
– JSA Development – “Walden Block”, 223-229 W. 4th St.
– TechWorks (Maker Space) 630 Westfield Ave.
– Girl Scouts, 510 Mulberry St.
– Select Structural Engineering, 512 Mulberry St.
– Creative Haus in New Plaza Hotel, 615 Sycamore St.
The Cellar at 320 E. 4th will host the conclusion of the evening with socializing, refreshments, and drawing for a great door prize from each destination at 9:30pm. There will be a cash bar available beginning at 8pm. Dolly’s Party Bus will be shuttling from three locations around downtown Waterloo from 6pm-10pm.
Advance tickets are now on sale at the Main Street office, 212 East 4th Street, for $7.50 until 6:30 pm the day of the event, with tickets available at any of the sites for $10.00 on the evening of the event. Also available are Corporate packs of 10 tickets for $50.00.
For information or tickets, call the Main Street Waterloo office at 291-2038 or email to email@example.com.
WIN FREE TICKETS!