Come join us for great food, great music, and great fun on July 18 & 19, 2014 in Lincoln Park in downtown Waterloo. There will be the following events:
- BBQ for sale Friday night and all day Saturday.
- Chili contest Friday night from 5:30 to 8:00 pm. Come and vote for your favorite chili competitor.
- Four great blues bands:
On Friday evening, July 18, 5:30 to 9:00, The Rock Island Rollers perform. This group is the winner of the 2013 Iowa Blues Challenge. Rock Island Rollers
Three blues bands will perform on Saturday, July 19. Taking the stage at 11:00 a.m. is the River Runners out of Kansas City.
At 1 p.m. the Cedar Valley’s very own Bob Dorr and the Blues Band will take the stage. Bob Dorr and The Blue Band
Headlining the free blues lineup on Saturday evening at 6:30 from Austin Texas is W. C. Clark. Clark is an Austin Texas blues legend who will bring his own brand of unique Texas blues culture to the Cedar Valley. Clark has toured for years including performances at the Chicago Blues Festival, European Blues Festivals, Ottawa and Toronto Blues Festivals, various festivals in Europe, Russia and Turkey. W. C. Clark is an innovative and creative artist whose soulful singing and tasty guitar playing reach out from Austin, with soul to all corners of the music-loving world. W. C. Clark played bass in the Triple Threat Revue with Stevie Ray Vaughan. While playing with Triple Threat, Clark co-wrote Cold Shot, which became one of Vaughan’s biggest hits and recently earned W.C. his first platinum record. www.wcclark.com
- There will be a celebrity rib eating contest at 5:15 pm Saturday in front of the stage.
- Bring the kids for Kids Korner Friday 5:30 to 9:00 pm and Saturday Noon to 4:00 pm.
- Children ages 6 to 15 can also compete in a Kids-Q barbecue contest on Friday at 5:30 pm.
There will also be prizes and awards totaling $10,000 in CASH and PLAQUES!
Prizes & Awards:
Barbeque Championship Prizes:
- Grand Champion – $2,000, ribbon & plaque
- Reserve Grand Champion – $1,000, ribbon & plaque
- Honorable Mention Champion – $500, ribbon & plaque
In each Category:
Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt, Beef Brisket
- 1st Place – $300, ribbon and plaque
- 2nd Place – $275, ribbon
- 3rd Place – $250, ribbon
- 4th Place – $225, ribbon
- 5th Place – $200, ribbon
- 6th Place – 10th Place – $75, ribbon
Crowd Pleasin’ Chili Competition Prizes:
- 50/50 Cash Split
- Cash & prizes awarded through 3rd place
FYI: Chili and Barbeque teams invited to be part of this exciting event in downtown Waterloo. Fill out and return your application form today!
Volunteers are also asked to fill out a volunteer application and return it to Main Street Waterloo! All forms to enter contests, become a judge, be a vendor, or request an electric hook-up are found below.
2014 Volunteer Application
2014 Temp Event App-with Backside
2014 Kids Q APPLICATION
2014 JUDGES APPLICATION
2014 TEAM APPLICATIONS
2014 BBQ VENDOR APPLICATION AND POLICY
2014 CHILI APPLICATION
2014 ELECTRICAL APP
2014 NON-BBQ VENDOR APPLICATION AND POLICY