Get your peak inside what is new in Downtown Waterloo. This annual tour features inside looks of places and spaces new that in the last year. Many of these spaces will never be open to the public. This year's tour is presented by The Samuels Group
See a mix of complete spaces and some that are under construction. This year's tour features 12 locations including new and under construction residential, retail and sport and fitness locations. This year's participants include JSA Development, Rooff Development, YWCA of Black Hawk County, Popcorn Heaven, Waterloo Bicycle Works , Wiggly Field at Newton's Park and others.
Get your friends together, buy your tickets for $7.50 each (in advance) and tour all those places and spaces you want to see. Tickets may be purchased online here: mainstreetwaterloo.ticketleap.com/tour/ or in person at the Main Street Waterloo office at 212 E 4th Street between 8 and 5, Monday through Friday.
Many of the locations will be serving complimentary drinks and light appetizers. Don't forget to stick around for the prize drawing at the end of the evening at the Cedar Valley SportsPlex.
Locations can be visited in any order and include:
1. Cedar Valley Sportsplex 300 Jefferson St. (Site of event wrap up and prize drawings at 9:30)
2. Waterloo Bicycle Works 316 West 3rd St.
3. JSA “Walden Block” 223-229 West 4th St.
4. The Finery 620 Commercial St.
5. Wiggly Field (Downtown dog park) 502 Sycamore St.
6. New Plaza Hotel 611-615 Sycamore St.
7. Studio 938 632 Sycamore St.
8. 2nd Floor Apartments 206-208 East 4th St.
9. YWCA 425 LaFayette St.
10. Black Hawk Contracting & Development (New Residential Construction) E. 3rd & Lafayette St.
11. CU Upper Floor Renovations 320 East 4th St.
12. Popcorn Heaven/ Earth’s Best 403 Franklin St
Main Street Waterloo is seeking volunteer pontoon captains for the 2014 Tour de Loo! The Tour de Loo is an annual showcasing of progress in the downtown district. New businesses, restoration projects, and public improvements are featured. Boat rides along the Cedar River were a popular element in 2013, and we would like to offer it again. If you own a pontoon, or know of volunteer “captains” who might consider volunteering an evening of hosting guests in downtown Waterloo, please contact the Main Street Waterloo office at 319-291-2038 or firstname.lastname@example.org . ... See MoreSee Less
Equidistant from both the hipsters on the East Coast and the glamour pros on the West Coast, Iowa is freed to sound like anything and everything. Budding music scenes in places like Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Ames and even Waterloo serve as a summit for music and styles from all corners of the countr…